[Gluster-users] gluster 3.0.4 upgrade

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 18:58:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Deyan <dchepishev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have one server, running CentOS5 and gluster 3.0.4
>
> Now obviously I need to upgrade to newer version of both, OS and gluster.
>
> I plan to use CentOS7, but my question is, what is the best way to upgrade
> the current cluster to gluster 3.10
>
> I am using only DHT with 7 bricks and single volume
>
> What is the best upgrade path ?

This is a rather difficult process considering that a lot of things have
changed between 3.0 and now.

The recommended approach would be to copy over data from the old volume
(running 3.0) to a new volume (with 3.10) if you can.

> I tried on a test machine, to install newer version of gluster (3.7) and
> created the volume with "volume create" and using the same bricks and it
> looks like the files are visible, but since this is only a test set of
> files, I am not actually sure, that this is the right thing to do.
>
> Can someone give me some recommendation what is best thing to do?

Do you have more details on the volume files used with 3.0? Have you
figured out the right volume type that you would need to use with "volume
create"?

Regards,
Vijay