[Gluster-users] gluster 3.0.4 upgrade

Deyan dchepishev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 17:36:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have one server, running CentOS5 and gluster 3.0.4

Now obviously I need to upgrade to newer version of both, OS and gluster.

I plan to use CentOS7, but my question is, what is the best way to upgrade the
current cluster to gluster 3.10

I am using only DHT with 7 bricks and single volume

What is the best upgrade path ?

I tried on a test machine, to install newer version of gluster (3.7) and created
the volume with "volume create" and using the same bricks and it looks like the
files are visible, but since this is only a test set of files, I am not actually
sure, that this is the right thing to do.

Can someone give me some recommendation what is best thing to do?

Thank you,

Regards,
Deyan