[Gluster-users] question about brick_dir/.glusterfs/00/00 is lost

songxin songxin_1980 at 126.com
Thu Mar 2 03:37:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have question about the directory brick_dir/.glusterfs/00/00.

I created a replicate gluster volume, which has two bricks, on two node.

On one node I found that when I run "ls /gluster_mount_point"  it show no file.
But on another node when I run "ls /gluster_mount_point" it show all files.

And then I found that files are brick directory on both two node.

After I debug I know that root cause is that the directory brick_dir/.glusterfs/00/00 is lost on fault node but directory brick_dir/.glusterfs/00 is exist.
I know that brick_dir/.glusterfs/00/00 should be created in posix init function.
And I did not find error log about this.

Could you know in what situation gluster will remove the brick_dir/.glusterfs/00/00 ?Or gluster will never remove it?
If you know please tell me.

Thanks,
Xin