[Gluster-users] Slow write times to gluster disk

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 06:45:50 UTC 2017

On 06/27/2017 10:17 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> The only problem with using gluster mounted via NFS is that it does not
> respect the group write permissions which we need.
>
> We have an exercise coming up in the a couple of weeks.  It seems to me
> that in order to improve our write times before then, it would be good
> to solve the group write permissions for gluster mounted via NFS now.
> We can then revisit gluster mounted via FUSE afterwards.
>
> What information would you need to help us force gluster mounted via NFS
> to respect the group write permissions?

Is this owning group or one of the auxiliary groups whose write
permissions are not considered? AFAIK, there are no special permission
checks done by gNFS server when compared to gluster native client.

Could you please provide simple steps to reproduce the issue and collect
pkt trace and nfs/brick logs as well.

Thanks,
Soumya