[Gluster-users] remounting volumes, is there an easier way

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 15:55:57 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Ludwig Gamache <ludwig at elementai.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Over the week-end, one of my volume became unavailable. All clients could
> not access their mount points. On some of the clients, I had user processes
> that we using these mount points. So, I could not do a umount/mount without
> killing these processes.
>
> I also noticed that when I restarted the volume, the port changed on the
> server. So, clients that were still using the previous TCP/port could not
> reconnect.

If a volume is restarted and a new set of ports are assigned to the bricks
clients will eventually get to know about these new ports from glusterd at
reconnect attempt and should be able to successfully connect over
automatically. If that hasn't happened for your case you might have hit an
issue for which you'd need to either open a bug through bugzilla with all
the logs attached from client and servers or attach over the email.