[Gluster-users] Transport Endpoint Not connected while running sysbench on Gluster Volume

Julio Guevara julioguevara150 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 20:43:06 UTC 2017

I'm having a hard time trying to get a gluster volume up and running. I
have setup other gluster volumes on other systems without much problems but
this one is killing me.

The gluster vol was created with the command:
gluster volume create mariadb_gluster_volume
laeft-dccdb01p:/export/mariadb/brick

I had to lower frame-timeout since the system would become unresponsive
until the frame failed by timeout:
gluster volume set mariadb_gluster_volume networking.frame-timeout 5

running gluster version: glusterfs 3.8.12

The workload i'm using is: sysbench --test=fileio --file-total-size=4G
--file-num=64 prepare

sysbench version: sysbench 0.4.12-5.el6

kernel version: 2.6.32-696.1.1.el6

centos: 6.8

Issue: Whenever I run the sysbench over the mount /var/lib/mysql_backups I
get the error that is shown on the log output.

It is a constant issue, I can reproduce it when I start increasing the
--file-num for sysbench above 3.