[Gluster-users] Disconnected gluster node things it is still connected...

Krist van Besien krist at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 06:56:16 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Trying to do some availability testing.

We have three nodes: node1, node2, node3. Volumes are all replica 2, across
all three nodes.

As a test we disconnected node1, buy removing the vlan tag for that host on
the switch it is connected to. As a result node2 and node3 now show node1
in disconnected status, and show the volumes as degraded.
This is ecpected.

However logging in to node1 (via the ilo, as there is no network) showed
that this node still though it was connected to node2 and node3, even
though it could no longer communicate with it.

Also it did keep its bricks up...

This is not as expected. What I expected is that node1 detects it is no
longer part of a quorum, and takes all its bricks down.

So what did we miss?

Krist

--
Vriendelijke Groet |  Best Regards | Freundliche Grüße | Cordialement