[Gluster-users] set owner:group on root of volume

mabi mabi at protonmail.ch
Sun Jul 23 19:58:26 UTC 2017

Hi Vijay,
Thanks for your reply. Below the answers to your 3 questions.
1) Rather unlikely as my application does not run as root. That's the point my application runs as UID/GID 1000:1000 and the root of my GlusterFS volume needs to be owned by 1000 so that my application can write there.
2) Nothing in glustershd.log and there was not even a glfsheal-myvolume.log file until I ran "gluster volume heal myvolume info".
3) IIRC yes it does but I will have to test that again tomorrow as I now ran again manually a chown on the root of my volume through a fuse client.
Regards,
M.