[Gluster-users] Upgrading Gluster revision (3.8.12 to 3.8.13) caused underlying VM fs corruption

Pavel Szalbot pavel.szalbot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:52:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

is there a recommended way to upgrade Gluster cluster when upgrading
to newer revision? I experienced filesystem corruption on several but
not all VMs (KVM, FUSE) stored on Gluster during Gluster upgrade.

After upgrading one of two nodes, I checked peer status and volume
heal info, everything seemed fine so I upgraded second node and then
two VMs remounted root as read-only and dmesg contained I/O errors.

This did not happen in the past while following the same upgrade
procedure. Documentation mentions only upgrades to higher minor
version. Is there a recommended way to upgrade or did I do something
wrong that should be avoided?

Thanks for any suggestion
Pavel Szalbot