[Gluster-users] Slow write times to gluster disk

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 17:31:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 07/07/2017 06:16 AM, Pat Haley wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A follow-up question.  I've been looking at various pages on nfs-ganesha
> & gluster.  Is there a version of nfs-ganesha that is recommended for
> use with
>
> glusterfs 3.7.11 built on Apr 27 2016 14:09:22
> CentOS release 6.8 (Final)

For glusterfs 3.7, nfs-ganesha-2.3-* version can be used.

I see the packages built in centos7 storage sig [1] but not for centos6.
Request Niels to comment.

> Thanks
>
> Pat
>

> On 07/05/2017 11:36 AM, Pat Haley wrote:
>>
>> Hi Soumya,
>>
>> (1) In http://mseas.mit.edu/download/phaley/GlusterUsers/TestNFSmount/
>> I've placed the following 2 log files
>>
>> etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log
>> gdata.log
>>
>> The first has repeated messages about nfs disconnects.  The second had
>> the <fuse_mnt_direcotry>.log name (but not much information).

Hmm yeah..weird ..there are not much logs in fuse mnt log file.

>> (2) About the gluster-NFS native server:  do you know where we can
>> find documentation on how to use/install it?  We haven't had success
>> in our searches.

Till glusterfs-3.7, gluster-NFS (gNFS) gets enabled by default. The only
requirement is that kernel-NFS has to be disabled for gluster-NFS to
come up. Please disable kernel-NFS server and restart glusterd to start
gNFS. In case of any issues with starting gNFS server, please look at
/var/log/glusterfs/nfs.log.

Thanks,
Soumya

[1] https://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/storage/x86_64/gluster-3.7/