[Gluster-users] Slow write times to gluster disk

Pat Haley phaley at mit.edu
Fri Jul 7 00:46:24 UTC 2017

Hi All,

A follow-up question.  I've been looking at various pages on nfs-ganesha
& gluster.  Is there a version of nfs-ganesha that is recommended for
use with

glusterfs 3.7.11 built on Apr 27 2016 14:09:22
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)

Thanks

Pat

On 07/05/2017 11:36 AM, Pat Haley wrote:

> Hi Soumya,
>
> (1) In http://mseas.mit.edu/download/phaley/GlusterUsers/TestNFSmount/
> I've placed the following 2 log files
>
> etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log
> gdata.log
>
> The first has repeated messages about nfs disconnects.  The second had
> the <fuse_mnt_direcotry>.log name (but not much information).
>
> (2) About the gluster-NFS native server:  do you know where we can
> find documentation on how to use/install it?  We haven't had success
> in our searches.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pat
>

> On 07/04/2017 05:01 AM, Soumya Koduri wrote:
>>

>> On 07/03/2017 09:01 PM, Pat Haley wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Soumya,
>>>
>>> When I originally did the tests I ran tcpdump on the client.
>>>
>>> I have rerun the tests, doing tcpdump on the server
>>>
>>> tcpdump -i any -nnSs 0 host 172.16.1.121 -w /root/capture_nfsfail.pcap
>>>
>>> The results are in the same place
>>>
>>> http://mseas.mit.edu/download/phaley/GlusterUsers/TestNFSmount/
>>>
>>> capture_nfsfail.pcap   has the results from the failed touch experiment
>>> capture_nfssucceed.pcap  has the results from the successful touch

Pat Haley                          Email:  phaley at mit.edu
Center for Ocean Engineering       Phone:  (617) 253-6824
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering    Fax:    (617) 253-8125
MIT, Room 5-213                    http://web.mit.edu/phaley/www/
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA  02139-4301