[Gluster-users] op-version for reset-brick (Was: Re: [ovirt-users] Upgrading HC from 4.0 to 4.1)

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:22:22 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <
>> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Eventually I can destroy and recreate this "export" volume again with
>>> the old names (ovirt0N.localdomain.local) if you give me the sequence of
>>> commands, then enable debug and retry the reset-brick command
>>>
>>> Gianluca
>>>

>> So it seems I was able to destroy and re-create.
>> Now I see that the volume creation uses by default the new ip, so I
>> reverted the hostnames roles in the commands after putting glusterd in
>> debug mode on the host where I execute the reset-brick command (do I have
>> to set debug for the the nodes too?)
>>

> You have to set the log level to debug for glusterd instance where the
> commit fails and share the glusterd log of that particular node.

Ok, done.

Command executed on ovirt01 with timestamp "2017-07-06 13:04:12" in
glusterd log files

[root at ovirt01 export]# gluster volume reset-brick export
gl01.localdomain.local:/gluster/brick3/export start
volume reset-brick: success: reset-brick start operation successful

[root at ovirt01 export]# gluster volume reset-brick export
gl01.localdomain.local:/gluster/brick3/export
ovirt01.localdomain.local:/gluster/brick3/export commit force
volume reset-brick: failed: Commit failed on ovirt02.localdomain.local.
Please check log file for details.
Commit failed on ovirt03.localdomain.local. Please check log file for
details.
[root at ovirt01 export]#

See glusterd log files for the 3 nodes in debug mode here:
ovirt01:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvY1RTTGp3RUhScm8/view?usp=sharing
ovirt02:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvSVpJUHNhMzhMSU0/view?usp=sharing