[Gluster-users] gluster and multipath

Cedric Lemarchand yipikai7 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:53:24 UTC 2017

> On 24 Jan 2017, at 13:48, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 24/01/2017 10:23 PM, Alessandro Briosi wrote:
>> Ok so having 2 bonds 1 attached to each switch would work. Though I still cannot get how to make gluster use both links (or at least one with active/passive).
>> Should I work on RRDNS and keepalived? Or use some bonding of a bond within the 2 switches with balance-rr in this case?
>> How do other implement this?
>
> I *think* you can have the 4 nics on the one bond on a node with two through one switch, two through the other. Might be worth asking on the proxmox list as well.
>
> That way just one interface for gluster to use. I don't think it would work with LACP though.

It would work with traditional LACP if both switches are manageable and in the same stack. If switches are dumbs (ie only L2 or not stackable), I think there is a Linux bonding mode that can do the work, but well I would stay away from such configuration that seems to me a bit hazardous.

Cheers

—
Cédric Lemarchand