[Gluster-users] High-availability with KVM?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:26:01 UTC 2017

On 21/01/2017 6:52 AM, Gambit15 wrote:
> With that setup, you lose quorum if you lose any one node.
> Brick 1 replicates to brick 2, and brick 3 replicates to brick 4. If
> any one of those goes down, quorum falls to <51%, which locks the
> brick under the default settings.

This I think, highlights one of glusters few weaknesses - the
inflexibility of brick layout. It would be really nice if you could just
arbitrarily add bricks to distributed-replicate volumes and have files
be evenly distributed among them as a whole. This would work
particularly well with sharded volumes. Unfortunately I suspect this
would need some sort of meta server.

--
Lindsay Mathieson