[Gluster-users] Convert to Shard - Setting Guidance

Gambit15 dougti+gluster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:07:54 UTC 2017

It's a given, but test it well before going into production. People have
occasionally had problems with corruption when converting to shards.
In my initial tests, enabling sharding took our I/O down to 15Kbps from
300Mpbs without.

data-self-heal-algorithm full

That could be painful. Any particular reason you've chosen full?

> All Bricks 1TB SSD

Image Sizes – Up to 300GB

If your images easily fit within the bricks, why do you need sharding in
the first place? It adds an extra layer of complexity & removes the cool
feature of having entire files on each brick, making DR & things a lot
easier.

Doug