[Gluster-users] Vm migration between diff clusters

Kevin Lemonnier lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Thu Jan 19 22:30:50 UTC 2017

> On the newer versions, I was under the impression that NFS was
> deprecated in favor of Ganesha?

Ah yes, I saw that Ganesha was available for debian now, still
haven't had the time test that out. Looked interesting though

> Is that turned on by default?

Don't know after that but I can tell you it is turned on
by default on 3.7 and 3.8, I've used it a bunch for migrating
across clusters quickly :)

I just drop everything on the wan port and accept everything
on the lan port, so I'm not really concerned by firewall anymore.
But that's very dependent on the setup ofcourse, and it did take
me months before realising anyone on the Internet could mess
with our datas by just mounting the volume from anywhere.

We've been insanely lucky no one has, I feel
the "gluster shouldn't be used on internet so we don't care" way
of choosing the defaults is very very dangerous, and
should probably be written in big fat red letter in the doc.
Maybe it is and I just missed it though, but I'm pretty sure
I'm not the only one.

--
Kevin Lemonnier
PGP Fingerprint : 89A5 2283 04A0 E6E9 0111