[Gluster-users] Vm migration between diff clusters

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Thu Jan 19 21:01:54 UTC 2017

Actually SSHFS works very well in a single user situation.

We have seen similar performance to NFS with it and of course it tunnels
through firewalls a lot more easily, so its been our go to when live
migrating among clusters, especially as we have a mix of shared storage
and direct storage depending upon the need of the devs who use the
various  systems.

That being said, if NFS is already there, then yes, a simple mount is
easier than yum install fuse-ssh and then:

sshfs -o allow_other,compression=no $user@$remote_host:$remote_folder
$mnt_folder

<Grin>

I just checked and on our older Gluster boxes, still on 3.4.

NFS is turned off, perhaps deliberately by the tech who installed it.

On the newer versions, I was under the impression that NFS was
deprecated in favor of Ganesha?

Is that turned on by default?

-wk