[Gluster-users] locking problem on 3.8.5

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 04:32:05 UTC 2016

I had a chance to look at the logs from both the nodes. I could see a
repetitive instance of the following logs (in both the nodes):

"Lock for Oracle_Legal_04 held by bb12d7e7-ded5-4d32-b294-8f5011f70afb"

What that means is node with UUID is the culprit. However I doubt that the
logs you shared from the nodes have this UUID. Could you please help me
with gluster peer status output? If you happen to find which node is having
the UUID mentioned, could you take glusterd statedump and share it with us?

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Bernhard Duebi <bernhard at due.bi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm running gluster 3.8.5 on Ubuntu 16.04. I have 2 nodes which mirror
> each other. There are 32 volumes and all have the same configuration:
>
> Type: Replicate
> Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
> Transport-type: tcp
> Bricks:
> Brick1: node01:/data/glusterfs/vol/disk/brick
> Brick2: node02:/data/glusterfs/vol/disk/brick
> Options Reconfigured:
> diagn
> ostics.count-fop-hits: on
> diagnostics.latency-measurement: on
> performance
> .readdir-ahead: on
> nfs.disable: on
> auth.allow:
> 127.0.0.1,10.11.12.21,10.11.12.22
>

> Nagios runs every 5 mins for each volume
> # gluster volume heal $vol info
> # gluster volume status $vol detail
>
> Diamond runs every minute
> # gluster volume list
> and then for every volume
> # gluster volume profile $vol info cumulative --xml
>
> this was running fine with Gluster 3.7 but since I upgraded to 3.8.5 I
> see a lot of problems with locking. After a reboot of both machines
> everything is fine. But after a while gluster volume status gives me
> the following error:
>
> Another transaction is in progress for $vol. Please try again after
> sometime
>
> The problem is, that the system never recovers, only rebooting the
> machines helps. Ok, probably a restart of gluster would do to.
>
> I attached the logfiles from both glusterd. Let me know if you need
> more information.
>
> Thanks
> Bernhard

~ Atin (atinm)