[Gluster-users] locking problem on 3.8.5

Bernhard Duebi bernhard at due.bi
Tue Oct 18 08:41:54 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm running gluster 3.8.5 on Ubuntu 16.04. I have 2 nodes which mirror
each other. There are 32 volumes and all have the same configuration:

Type: Replicate
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: node01:/data/glusterfs/vol/disk/brick
Brick2: node02:/data/glusterfs/vol/disk/brick
Options Reconfigured:
diagn
ostics.count-fop-hits: on
diagnostics.latency-measurement: on
performance
.readdir-ahead: on
nfs.disable: on
auth.allow:
127.0.0.1,10.11.12.21,10.11.12.22

Nagios runs every 5 mins for each volume
# gluster volume heal $vol info
# gluster volume status $vol detail

Diamond runs every minute
# gluster volume list
and then for every volume
# gluster volume profile $vol info cumulative --xml

this was running fine with Gluster 3.7 but since I upgraded to 3.8.5 I
see a lot of problems with locking. After a reboot of both machines
everything is fine. But after a while gluster volume status gives me
the following error:

Another transaction is in progress for $vol. Please try again after
sometime

The problem is, that the system never recovers, only rebooting the
machines helps. Ok, probably a restart of gluster would do to.

I attached the logfiles from both glusterd. Let me know if you need
more information.

Thanks
Bernhard