[Gluster-users] rot-13 Translator query

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Mon Oct 17 07:01:38 UTC 2016

Hi Ankireddypalle,

On 16/10/16 11:10, Ankireddypalle Reddy wrote:
> The encryption xlator is the last one before posix and it’s here that
> the data is getting encrypted.  When the data is read back the encrypted
> data is returned. Decryption is supposed to happen in read callback
> which does not seem to be happening. The fact that encrypted data is
> getting returned indicates that data in turn is getting returned from
> the posix/underlying fs layer.  Is it possible that data be returned by
> reading from the underlying fs by any translator other than posix.

It could be because of quick-read translator. It caches some data from
the beginning of files on lookups (even before an actual open and read
is done on the file), so the first small read sent to the file could
return cached data directly from what was obtained in the lookup fop
without issuing a read fop.

You would need to handle that case in lookup also.

Anyway, to be sure you should do as Ravi has said and disable all
performance xlators. In this case all reads should arrive as regular
reads to your xlator.

Xavi