[Gluster-users] rot-13 Translator query

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Sun Oct 16 10:38:18 UTC 2016

On 10/16/2016 02:40 PM, Ankireddypalle Reddy wrote:

> The encryption xlator is the last one before posix and it’s here that
> the data is getting encrypted.  When the data is read back the
> encrypted data is returned. Decryption is supposed to happen in read
> callback which does not seem to be happening. The fact that encrypted
> data is getting returned indicates that data in turn is getting
> returned from the posix/underlying fs layer.  Is it possible that data
> be returned by reading from the underlying fs by any translator other
> than posix.

No, rot13_readv() just winds it to the xlator below (posix) and decrypts
the read in the cbk. Have you tried disabling the perf xlators on the
client like I suggested? You can see if client3_3_readv() is hit on the
client (mount) process when you read the file. If it is and despite it,
posix_readv is not hit on the brick, then something fishy is going on.
-Ravi