[Gluster-users] Expand distributed replicated volume

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:47:30 UTC 2016

> True. But at the end of 4 replace-bricks, you have 4 bricks from earlier
> configuration which are empty now, which can be re-used. So essentially you
> have 6 empty bricks which can be put back into use, but these can be used to
> form replica sets as they are not from same machine. So you add-brick 2
> replica sets with these 6 bricks and do rebalance. Makes sense?

No, it does not make sense.
I add a new server with some bricks. I have to replace the existing
one with the newer ones.
Now, If I try to re-add the "replaced" bricks, is the same like adding
directly the new bricks.

If I can't add a bricks from a new single server to a replica3, why
can I add re-add bricks from an older single server ? That's the same.