[Gluster-users] replace brick in distributed-dispersed setup

Ashish Pandey aspandey at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 05:03:28 UTC 2016

Hi Iñaki

The steps you are following don't have any issue.
I would like to have more information to debug this further.

1 - gluster v info <volname>
2 - gluster v status <volname> before and after running replace-brick
3 - Brick logs (for this volume only) from /var/log/glusterfs/bricks/
4 - glusterd logs /var/log/glusterfs/ starts with "usr-local-etc-glusterfs-glusterd-<volname>"

Although it should not matter, could you also try to replace a brick without killing that brick process?

Ashish