[Gluster-users] replace brick in distributed-dispersed setup

itlinux_team itlinux at imppc.org
Fri Jul 8 13:10:20 UTC 2016

Hi Ashish,

It was an error on my side, nothing gluster related. The kernel version
I was running had a bug that prevented the fuse module from loading and
causing the brick replacement errors. After upgrading I can confirm that
the process of replacing the brick works fine both with the brick to be
replaced online or after killing the brick process.

I have a question though. In a real (non virtual) server, if I setup the
server in JBOD mode, and a drive fails, does gluster kill the brick pid?

Regards,
Iñaki.