[Gluster-users] Move brick to new Node ( Distributed - Replicated Mode )

Anuradha Talur atalur at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 07:19:41 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

What version of glusterfs are you using?

If I understand correctly, the current volume configuration is as follows:

node1:/exp1/brick1 node2:/exp2/brick2 (replica of each other)
node1:/exp1/brick3 node2:/exp2/brick4
node1:/exp1/brick5 node2:/exp2/brick6

And you want to change it to:

node2:/exp2/brick2 node3:/exp3/brick7 (replica of each other)
node1:/exp1/brick3 node2:/exp2/brick4
node1:/exp1/brick5 node2:/exp2/brick6

You can do the following:
gluster peer probe node 3 (run this from one of the nodes in your cluster)
gluster v replace-brick <volname> node1:/exp1/brick1 node3:/exp3/brick7 commit force

This should now make node2:/exp2/brick2 and node3:/exp3/brick7 as replica of each other.

You might have to do some additional work for heal to be triggered based on the glusterfs version
you are using. So do mention the gluster version being used.

Let me know if my understanding of the requirement given was incorrect.

Hope this helps.

> May i know how to do this ?
>
> Appreciate for the advice.
>
> Thanks