[Gluster-users] migrating and removing the bricks

L, Sridhar (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) sridhar.l at nokia.com
Fri Oct 30 05:36:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have setup with glusterfs with Distributed-Replicated volume.
Initially a volume is created with two bricks (replica 2). If more space is required I will add two more bricks to the same volume. If the extra space is no longer required, I will remove the added bricks so that I can use the space for some other purpose.
I am facing a problem here. I have to migrate the data present in the last two bricks to the initial two bricks and then remove them. But I can't move to brick which is already part of volume and hence fails. How can I achieve this?

Regards,
Sridhar L