[Gluster-users] Large 3.6 cluster snapshot experience

Steve Dainard sdainard at spd1.com
Thu Oct 29 20:29:03 UTC 2015

Hello,

Is anyone using Gluster snapshots on large multi-node clusters?

I'm building a 220T distributed replica 2 cluster with 12 nodes and I'd
like some feedback in regards to issues experienced, or potential issues.

Each node has 12 disks in an adaptec 71605 RAID 6 array. The LVM thin pool
would be created on a single PV per node. Dual 10Gig bonded network, 64GB
ram, single 6 core intel CPU.

Single GlusterFS volume for one large namespace.

Thanks for any input.

Steve