[Gluster-users] Gluster - Re-Add Old Volume

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 01:50:43 UTC 2015

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On Oct 23, 2015 11:26 PM, "Justin Chin-You" <justin.chinyou at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I recently had the OS running my Gluster servers blow up! Thankfully my
data was on a separate RAID set. I've gotten everything back up and running
except for the life of me I can't figure out how to get Gluster to accept
the old volumes that are sitting on my other RAID set.

> When I try to do the gluster create volume command I get: <Brick> is
already part of a volume
Use 'force' option in volume create to bypass this validation. This should
allow you to create the volume with older bricks.

> My Question is...
>
> How do I either get gluster to re-create my old volume or how do I create
a new volume based on my old brick and retain the data in the Brick?