[Gluster-users] Gluster - Re-Add Old Volume

Justin Chin-You justin.chinyou at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:56:49 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I recently had the OS running my Gluster servers blow up! Thankfully my
data was on a separate RAID set. I've gotten everything back up and running
except for the life of me I can't figure out how to get Gluster to accept
the old volumes that are sitting on my other RAID set.

When I try to do the gluster create volume command I get: <Brick> is
already part of a volume

My Question is...

How do I either get gluster to re-create my old volume or how do I create a
new volume based on my old brick and retain the data in the Brick?

Thanks,

Justin