[Gluster-users] EC planning

Serkan Çoban cobanserkan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:53:34 UTC 2015

Hi Xavier and thanks for your answers.

Servers will have 26*8TB disks.I don't want to loose more than 2 disk for
raid,
so my options are HW RAID6 24+2 or 2 * HW RAID5 12+1,
in both cases I can create 2 bricks per server using LVM and use one brick
per server to create two distributed-disperse volumes. I will test those
configurations when servers arrive.

I can go with 8+1 or 16+2, will make tests when servers arrive. But 8+2 will
be too much, I lost nearly %25 space in this case.

For the client count, this cluster will get backups from hadoop nodes
so there will be 750-1000 clients at least which sends data at the same
time.
Can 16+2 * 3 = 54 gluster nodes handle this or should I increase node count?

I will check the parameters you mentioned.

Serkan