[Gluster-users] Speed up heal performance

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 01:56:49 UTC 2015

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On Oct 13, 2015 3:16 AM, "Ben Turner" <bturner at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
in here that knows the heal daemon better than me.  Maybe you could open an
RFE on this?  In my testing I only see 2 files getting healed at a time per
replica pair.  I would like to see this be multi threaded(if its not
already) with the ability to tune it to control resource usage(similar to
what we did in the rebalance refactoring done recently).  If you let me
know the BZ # I'll add my data + suggestions, I have been testing this
pretty extensively in recent weeks and good data + some ideas on how to
speed things up.
Good news is we already have a WIP patch review.glusterd.org/10851 to
introduce multi threaded shd. Credits to Richard/Shreyas from facebook for
this. IIRC, we also have a BZ for the same but the patch is in rfc as of
now. AFAIK, this is a candidate to land in 3.8 as well, Vijay can correct
me otherwise.