[Gluster-users] Speed up heal performance

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 21:46:15 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I don't know of any way to speed this up, maybe someone else could chime in here that knows the heal daemon better than me.  Maybe you could open an RFE on this?  In my testing I only see 2 files getting healed at a time per replica pair.  I would like to see this be multi threaded(if its not already) with the ability to tune it to control resource usage(similar to what we did in the rebalance refactoring done recently).  If you let me know the BZ # I'll add my data + suggestions, I have been testing this pretty extensively in recent weeks and good data + some ideas on how to speed things up.

-b