[Gluster-users] Memory recommendations Gluster setup with two bricks

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Oct 9 07:43:26 UTC 2015

Hello Thibault,

On 10/08/2015 08:37 AM, Thibault Godouet wrote:
> I am not aware of any guideline, and I can't pretend to be a Gluster
> expert, but there are multiple processes and threads so I'd be tempted to
> have more than 1 vCPUs: maybe 2 to 4?
> As for the RAM, 1GB seems pretty small too.  I think that you will benefit
> from caching if you have more memory. Maybe 4-8GB would be a better
> starting point?

Thanks for your reply! Hmmm, seems we're economizing a bit too much on
resources then.

> Obviously it depends on how much data you have, the performance you are
> after, etc.

The setups differ when it comes to size, amount of data, number of
volumes and number of clients. We're not after getting the best
performance, we're looking at the best memory and CPU ratios for the
setups. But maybe I should mail some of the issues we're running into
because maybe they're not related to resources.

Thanks again!

Jeremy