[Gluster-users] Memory recommendations Gluster setup with two bricks

Thibault Godouet tibo92 at godouet.net
Thu Oct 8 06:37:52 UTC 2015

I am not aware of any guideline, and I can't pretend to be a Gluster
expert, but there are multiple processes and threads so I'd be tempted to
have more than 1 vCPUs: maybe 2 to 4?
As for the RAM, 1GB seems pretty small too.  I think that you will benefit
from caching if you have more memory. Maybe 4-8GB would be a better
starting point?

Obviously it depends on how much data you have, the performance you are
after, etc.
Dear list,

What would be the minimal recommended amount of memory for each Gluster
server in a Gluster set-up with two bricks, one datavolume and two
application servers mounting this datavolume? All servers are running
Ubuntu 14.04.
At the moment we're using VMWare VM's with 1 VCPU and 1GB of memory for
the bricks but in some cases this seems to be insufficient. If someone
could point me to some guidelines I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Jeremy