[Gluster-users] Suggested method for replacing an entire node

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:50:47 UTC 2015

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On Oct 8, 2015 7:17 PM, "Alastair Neil" <ajneil.tech at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you should back up /var/lib/glusterd and then restore it after
the reinstall and installation of glusterfs packages.  Assuming the node
will have the same hostname and ip addresses and you are installing the
same version gluster bits, I think it should be fine.  I am assuming you
are not using ssl for the connections if so you will need to back up the
keys for that too.
If the same machine is used with out hostname/ IP change, backing up
glusterd configuration *is not* needed as syncing the configuration will be
taken care peer handshaking.