[Gluster-users] Samba share problem

Jason Hilton Jason.Hilton at aaae.org
Mon Mar 30 18:19:02 UTC 2015

Hi-
I am having issues with the Samba share on my Gluster volume.  I can list the share from a windows box with \\servername<file:///\\servername>, but when I try to access the share itself, I get "Windows cannot access \\servername\sharename<file:///\\servername\sharename>" and gives the error code: 0x80070043.  However, I was able to mount the volume to /mnt/nearline and then share that directory with Samba successfully.  This is the entry for the share in the smb.conf file:

[gluster-nearline]
                vfs objects = glusterfs
                glusterfs:logfile = /var/log/samba/glusterfs-nearline.%M.log
                writeable = yes
                path = /
                glusterfs:loglevel = 7
                comment = For samba share of volume nearline
                glusterfs:volume = nearline
                public = yes
                browsable = yes

Thanks in advance,