[Gluster-users] Gluster project site revamp update

Soumya Deb deb at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 11:58:44 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I've had published my blog a while ago about revamping the Gluster project site (http://blog.debs.io/3) & it's never enough just to talk about something, unless I can actively contribute to make it better. Hence, I've taken a stab at revamping the landing site & with (almost!) true open-source spirit, showing you all the still-quite-naked progress of how it's going. I'm mostly working on the content, and it doesn't have enough polish & coolness to it yet - so, please go easy on that.

Here's the staging page: http://code.debs.io/glusterweb/
Here's the source code: https://github.com/debloper/glusterweb

Here's some key-factors for the motivation to start anew:
1. This is a completely a static site - no server side, or static-site generation involved
2. Which means, one only needs to know just about HTML/CSS/JS/Git to start contributing in it
3. Which also means, the entry barrier is so low, even student community easily can contribute
4. One just needs to fork, edit & push to get a live staging on <username>.github.io/glusterweb
5. Managing/maintaining the site becomes trivially easy - so is the code-review (Pull Requests)

The setup is such that it plays well with the new URLs to the documentation, blog, code repos etc. makes contribution really easy for everyone and doesn't require much overhead on the devop side as well - it's as WYSIWYG as it gets.

I'm pushing changes often to the repo & you can check the changes on the shared URLs every now and then. I'm looking forward to hear back from y'all about this, either on this mail thread, or better, as issues filed against the repo.

Thanks & regards,
Deb