[Gluster-users] Changing Hostname / Interface

Marc Eisenbarth mr.eisenbarth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 02:28:26 UTC 2015

I recently added a second 10GbE interface to my cluster and want to begin
using that interface. It is on a private network and has it's own DNS entry.

I started with the naive solution of pointing my clients at the new DNS
name, but once they get the volfile back, the "option remote-host" entry
points to the DNS name associated with the old interface, and I get an info
message verifying that:

[2015-03-29 00:26:56.376505] I
[client-handshake.c:1456:client_setvolume_cbk] 0-users-client-0: Connected
to 10.1.XX.XX:49152, attached to remote volume '/data/XXXX'.

(The 10.1.XX.XX network is the original interface, not the newly added
10GbE interface)

There seems to have been some feature requests around this in the past, as
well as some people editing a bunch of stuff by hand and having problems.
At this point in time, what is the recommend path forward to make this
switch over? I'm running 3.6.2.