[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Revamping the GlusterFS Documentation...

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Mar 25 21:33:05 UTC 2015

Happy to hear that there are plans to improve the GlusterFS documentation!

I've realized myself that I once wanted to contribute to the docs, but
wasn't sure "where to". If the diverse sources of gluster's docs are now
going to be merged to a central entity, that would very likely improve
contributions from the community.

On 03/23/2015 10:34 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> * Gluster Ant Logo image - The first letter REALLY looks like a C
>   (to me), not a G.  Reads as "Cluster" for me...

I personally also prefer the font used for the "Gluster community" logo
in the upper left corner.
It "feels" a bit more like a proper trademark. I like that :)

Something else I wanted to mention is, that I found it very confusing /
intimidating that some articles referred to specific version numbers in
their title.
For example "Gluster 3.2: Migrating Volumes" [1]. I wasn't sure if I
should follow instructions listed there, if I'm using a different
gluster version (e.g. 3.4).
Especially, because there is one for "3.1", for example.
So I tried to replace "3.2" with "3.4" in the URL, as I would have
expected a naming convention in that case.
Search also didn't list anything. So, in the end, I gave up and used the
3.2 docs.

I assume it's so because nothing has changed with "Migrating Volumes",
for example since 3.2 - but how will I know if the docs I find apply to
my version?

That's something I think might be nice if that's solved somehow in the
new docs.

Thanks and regards,
Pb