[Gluster-users] What should I do to improve performance ?

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 18:57:58 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

What kind of disks are back ending your 10G NICs?  Are you using FUSE or libgfapi to connect to gluster from your hypervisor?  What kind of speeds are you expecting vs seeing in your environment?  We need to understand what your HW can do first then gather some data running on gluster and compare the two.  As a rule of thumb with replica 2 you should see about:

throughput = ( NIC line speed / 2 ) - 20% overhead

As long as your disks can service it.  If you are seeing about that on the gluster mounts then go inside one of the VMs and run the same test, the VM should get something similar.  If you aren't seeing at least 400 MB / sec on sequential writes and 500-700 MB /sec on reads then there may be something off in your storage stack.

-b