[Gluster-users] Volume creation time?

Jason Hilton Jason.Hilton at aaae.org
Sun Mar 22 14:59:53 UTC 2015

Thank you for the quick reply!  I didn't expect to see any response on a Sunday.  I did as you suggested and found  some messages stating that the address and port were failing to bind because it was already in use.  It turned out that the NFS service was running and interfered with glusterd.  I was intending to share my gluster volumes via NFS and I thought I had read that as of V3, gluster exported NFS shares by default, so I had started the service.  Does gluster provide its own NFS services?

Jason Hilton
Director of Technology Development
601 Madison Street, Suite 400
Alexandria, VA 22314