[Gluster-users] Volume creation time?

Jason Hilton Jason.Hilton at aaae.org
Sun Mar 22 13:34:24 UTC 2015

Hi-
I'm new to GlusterFS and I have been trying to set up a gluster volume.  The volume is 150 TB.  I started the create volume command on Friday morning and it has not yet completed.  Since I have no prior experience with GlusterFS, is this an expected duration?  The server is no power house, a pair of older Xeon Quad core processors at 2 GHz and only 4 GB of RAM.  TOP shows very little processor usage, but IOTOP shows some disk I/O.  I don't mind waiting it out, I just want to be sure that the process is still proceeding.  Is there a way to monitor Gluster volume creation progress?
Thanks,
Jason