[Gluster-users] Trouble with Gluster NFS export on Windows systems

Ryan Nix ryan.nix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:01:06 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I could really use some insight into Gluster, NFS and mounting on a Windows
system. I'm trying to mount a Gluster volume on a Windows system and I can
only mount the volume read/only, although its not displaying the contents
of the volume, and there are some. I've tried mapping the user ID on
Windows through the registry to root id (0) on CentOS 7. ID 0. IBM and MSDN
seem to both recommend creating registry entries to do this. The NFS
service appears to be running just fine on Gluster so I'm not sure what I'm
doing wrong.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sfu/archive/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista.aspx

[root at gfsbrick1 ownbox]# gluster volume status sespoc
Status of volume: sespoc
Gluster process Port Online Pid
Brick gfsbrick1.internal.edu:/data/bricks/sesp
oc 49157 Y 31953
Brick gfsbrick4.internal.edu:/data/bricks/sesp
oc 49157 Y 31646
NFS Server on localhost 2049 Y 47327
Self-heal Daemon on localhost N/A Y 47336
NFS Server on gfsbrick4.internal.edu 2049 Y 46796
Self-heal Daemon on gfsbrick4.internal.edu N/A Y 46806

Task Status of Volume sespoc
There are no active volume tasks

Thanks for any hints and insights!

Sincerely,