[Gluster-users] Configure separate network for inter-node communication

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Thu Mar 5 09:01:58 UTC 2015

On 03/04/2015 11:24 PM, ML mail wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two gluster nodes in a replicated setup and have connected the two nodes together directly through a 10 Gbit/s crossover cable. Now I would like to tell gluster to use this seperate private network for any communications between the two nodes. Does that make sense? Will this bring me any performance gain? and if yes how do I configure that?
>
> My clients are intended to access my gluster volumes using FUSE through the main 1 Gbit/s interface.
>
> Regards
> ML

Makes a lot of sense, just give the 10gbe nic's a different ip subnet
and put these in the /etc/hosts file or dns.

Use these hostname.storage names to setup the volume. There should be
some way to convert an existing volume but I don't have the details at
the moment. Read this for some info:

http://www.ovirt.org/Change_network_interface_for_Gluster

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01