[Gluster-users] /etc/hosts entry requires for gluster servers?

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Tue Mar 3 09:33:52 UTC 2015

Hi ML,

Here's what I have noted down in my personal documentation when I installed
GlusterFS the first time in 2013 (also on Debian Wheezy with 3.5.2):

"All cluster nodes MUST resolve each other through DNS (preferred) or
/etc/hosts."

An entry in /etc/hosts is probably even more safe because you don't depend
on external DNS resolvers.

cheers,
ck