[Gluster-users] [Gluster-infra] Revamping GlusterFS website for expanded participation

Tuomas Kuosmanen tigert at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 07:14:57 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kiran Patil" <kiran at fractalio.com>
> The more the Testing information and Tools available to community, it is
> easy for anyone to run the respected TestSuite and participate as part of
> QA.

I think this is a great idea and it makes a lot of sense to make this as
easy as possible.

Could we package the test suite along with GlusterFS and make it an optional
final step of the installation process?

"Test that everything works correctly and submit the information to improve
Gluster" - with appropriate privacy concerns taken into account and a possibility
to opt out, of course.

This could also be a good "safety net" for newcomers: if you get bad performance
because you are inexperienced and don't know the best practices to set things up,
we could point you to people who can help.

And if you get help, chances are you do the same to the next newcomer.

//Tuomas