[Gluster-users] Glusterfs and HA

John S bunix1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:15:34 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have a 3 node gluster setup running on Aws CLoud and would like to
configure have high availability with DNS.
All Clients are ubuntu-12.04x

Saw on some forums that RRDNS and *backupvolfile-server` options had some
issues.*

So would like to seek suggestion on which is best option from 1 & 2.

1: Use Aws R53 Private hosted zone and add the three nodes to r53, on
client use the Dns name and mount it

     OR

2: use glusterfsd on clients, specify three servers from command line

sudo mount.glusterfs
ip-10-0-183-238.ec2.internal,ip-10-0-184-139.ec2.internal,ip-10-0-176-73.ec2.internal:/sharevol
/sharevol

I tried this command from the command line its working, but i am not sure
how to update this command on the /etc/fstab file. please let me know if
someone update this.

Regards
John