[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Feature support: development of metadata service xlator plugin in glusterfs.

张兵 cust004114 at 163.com
Sun Jun 21 12:33:54 UTC 2015

Thank you for your reply.
In glusterfs,Some metadata information is recorded in the file's extended attr in all
bricks,
For example EC volume, N+M mode, stat file requires N+M command,
file write, requires M+M lock, record file length, and also N+M setattr command,
Finally n+m unlock command;
if have metadataserver,All metadata related operations
only one command to metadata server;
As the old topic, MKDIR requires that all the DHT children should be executed Mkdir;
Another difficult problem, lack of centralized metadata; disk recovery performance is not able to get a massive upgrade;Such as EC N+M volume, disk reconstruction, and only bricks n+m to participate in the reconstruction;Rebuilding 1TB takes several hours;
The use of metadata, the data can be dispersed to all the disk,Disk failure, a lot of disk can be involved in the reconstruction;
How to solve these difficulties.