[Gluster-users] mount with one alive node in replica set

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 01:41:38 UTC 2015

On 06/19/2015 01:06 AM, Игорь Бирюлин wrote:
> Is it a bug?
> How can I understand that volume stopped if in "gluster volume info" I
> see "Status: Started"?

Not a bug. If `volume info ` says it is started and  `gluster volume
status` shows gluster processes as offline, it means something is wrong
and needs investigation. In your case you need to see why the other node
is down.  Having identified the second node is down and cannot be
brought back anytime soon, the `volume start force`  is just a
workaround to restart the gluster processes.