[Gluster-users] Request for user comments

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:50:13 UTC 2015

Sent from one plus one
On Jun 17, 2015 10:10 PM, "Pranith Kumar Karampuri" <pkarampu at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 06/17/2015 09:28 PM, Ravishankar N wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I sent a patch [1] to print the backtrace generated by
'gf_log_callingfn' (only) in a human-readable way. While it improves
readability by printing every function of the backtrace in a separate line
(which is how a backtrace *should* look), it violates the fact that every
log in gluster gets logged in a single line. Does anyone see any problem
with this? Especially sys-admins who might have scripts/ mechanisms to
parse logs? Note that the patch affects only messages logged using
gf_log_callingfn() and is avoids eyesore.

> Grepping logs will be difficult with this change. May be we can use
something like:
> sed 's/(-->/\n(-->/g' <logfile.log> to achieve the same?
It doesn't bother me too much if some changes are required in applying
filters, you will need this change if you try to improve readability. Being
a developer sometimes I get confused with this log, at least its not
readable. I would like to see this change in (I am yet to review it though).